Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the Arsenal.  Here I will discuss 20th and 21st century military equipment from around the world.   I will talk about small arms from the Makarov and M9, the M-16 and the SVD to main battle tanks, fighters, missiles, body armor and gear.  If it's used by a modern military, I'll talk about it!  Some of what I may talk about I'll have personal hands on experience with. Some, I will not.  I served two tours in Iraq and performed several different roles from artillery, MP, cavalry and even Chemical Decontamination.  (I don't know how I got into that last one there.) I got to play around with a lot of cool toys in the military and in my civilian life.  I've traveled to different countries where I saw their equipment first hand.  In Iraq I met many coalition allies and never missed a chance to check out their gear.  I got to play with Tavors, K2's, SA80's, PKM's and many more.  However, I also love the big stuff and seeing Apache attack helicopters and main battle tanks going into action is a terrible and beautiful thing.  Stick around and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment